How I define TRUST – believing that someone always has your best interests at heart. They carry you in their hearts and watch your back.
The courage to trust someone does not begin with simply handing over your heart and seeing what they do with it.
It begins with the courage it takes to “show up and be seen”, to be vulnerable, as Brene Brown puts it.
The first step on the The Open To Love Again Pathway is to do that exact thing – “Show Up and Be Seen”.
Be proud to be that person – the one that you are. Learn to trust HER and defend HER and watch your own back.
Know what you stand for.
Know what you need to meet your 6 Heart Needs:
- What do you need to feel safe and secure?
- What do you need for challenge and surprise and fun?
- What do you need to hear, to feel, to be assured that you have significance and value?
- What do you need to feel as if you belong and are loved unconditionally?
- What do you need to feel as if you have the space to make mistakes and to grow?
- What do you need to feel fulfilled, to have a sense of purpose and to know the freedom to go and make a difference in this world?
Do you know yourself THIS WELL?
Can you “show up” as this person without apology or being ashamed or afraid of what someone else will think?
For more on how to learn to trust yourself again, see here: What’s Really Paralyzing Me and Keeping Me Stuck
This is where you start because THIS WOMAN is your champion.
When I am working with women in Resiliency Coaching – coming back stronger after heartbreak and divorce – we find a name for that woman. She’s a side of you that you need to allow to be present in your life.
Keep walking this Open To Love Again Pathway. Don’t you dare ever, ever give up because life is all about love.
P.S. Want to know how YOU can begin the steps to coming back stronger after divorce? Let’s connect in 2019 for a complimentary coaching call that is all about you. I will give you a strategy designed just for you based on your situation and, together, we will decide how to make 2019 YOUR year. Book a time with me here.