Easy for me to say, right? Don’t let your heart die! What? Am I supposed to keep believing in fairy tales when all I keep kissing are toads? Or all I keep finding are witches who never turn into the Princess no matter what I do?
How do you mend a broken heart? Looking back, it’s what I did Don’t ever give up on True Love! Never, never, never! Not ever. Cause true love exists.
But it’s only something a semi-whole heart can find. Yes, semi-whole. Maybe 75% whole. You must work on finding what moves your heart from broken to mostly whole. The other part of the wholeness will come once you are in that relationship that creates an atmosphere for the rest of your healing. So, you don’t have to be perfect before you find love again – that should make you feel better.
It’s always about the heart, the deepest core of who you are, the person inside that has the potential to be great, to influence, to dream, to laugh, to be sexy and giving and absolutely revel in being who it is. It’s also the part that cries from pain and being misunderstood, who is imperfect and desperate and lonely and so full of fear.
O precious person, YOU are amazing. This is where you need to go – into your heart. This is how, as I promised, you will be able to take the next step in keeping your heart from dying while you are still alive.
1. How can I tell if my heart is dying? Answer “No” to the following:
- Do you have passion for what you are doing in your life? Anything that causes your eyes to light up when you talk about it?
- Do you know what your purpose is in life? Where do you want to make a difference in this world? This is something that no one else can take away from you. Never! It’s always there – in your heart. You may have not brought it out to the front but it’s there on your bucket list. It’s the pain in the world that makes you angry, brings out your compassion.
- Are you willing to learn? This is the about not pointing fingers, not blaming, not using “but __________ (you fill in the the blank)….therefore I have a right to….”. For example, “But he called me this…therefore, I have a right to hate him.”, “But she cheated on me.. therefore I have a right to treat her like ___________”. It’s looking at yourself, what your part was, what you could have been and what you want to be in future.
“Impossible to go there – I’m hurting too much!”, you say.
“Tough, challenging”, I say, “and life changing! And, love changing!”
Hmmmm…. life changing. Love changing.
“OK,” you say reluctantly. “It’s worth a try if it’s that good.”
2. Great! Now you have at least one foot on board the train, I want you to leave the world of “Life sucks. Woe is me. Nobody loves me.” And step into the world of Endless Possibilities where you:
- Stand tall like a person who has passion and purpose. Notice your shoulders. Where are they? Slumped or pulled back and straight? Defeated = slumped. Passion and Purpose = straight. Go from one to the other and notice how your attitude changes.
- Believe like someone who is always observing and learning in every situation. Imagine getting into a hot air balloon and rising up to see it from high above. What do you see? Is this the person you really want to be? No? OK – you know what you need to work on.
- Talk like someone who lives in the world of Endless Possibilities. Words to eliminate (I mean it – totally eliminate): “I can’t…”, “I should….”, “I must….”, “I have to….” “_________ (you fill in name) thinks I should ________ so I’d better”. Replace
3. Start discovering what you are passionate about. Find “that thing” that you were meant to do in the world and go for it! This is the subject of my next Blog on how to bring your heart back to life.
Sign up for email notification at the top right corner of my blog so that you don’t miss it!!
Talk to you then.